We would like to welcome your participation in our event,“9th International Symposium on Eastern Mediterranean Geology” which will be organized by Akdeniz University, in Antalya / Turkey, on 07th-11th May 2018. The Eastern Mediterranean Symposium has been held periodically at venues across Europe and Asia; in Adana (Turkey-1992), Jerusalem (Israel-1995), Nicosia (Cyprus-1998), Isparta (Turkey-2001), Thessaloniki (Greece-2004), Amman (Jordan-2007), Adana (Turkey-2010), and Mugla (Turkey-2014). Over the years; this symposium series has brought together geoscientists from all over the world covering all disciplines. The main objective of “9th ISEMG 2018” is to provide a platform for researchers, academicians, practitioners, as well as industrial professionals from all over the world to present their research results and development activities in the fields of Earth Sciences. Sessions on a large diversity of topics in Earth Sciences and field trips to spectacular geological sites will be organized.
Antalya is a city on the Mediterranean coast of southwestern Turkey. It is Turkey’s biggest international sea resort, located on the Turkish Riviera. This region is one of the most beautiful places in the country, with favorable climate during the year, stunning natural beauty and a wealth of history. The Taurus Mountains of southern Anatolia runs parallel to the Mediterranean in east-west direction, resulting in the formation of narrow coastal plains surrounded by mountains on three sides and the sea on the fourth. Some parts of the coast feature mountains plunging sharply into the sea, forming small natural bays and peninsulas. Antalya is situated on one such plain where the mountains recede from the shore, consisting of two flat areas formed of travertine rock.
More information about Antalya is available in the following links:
The Symposium will cover the entire spectrum of the Earth Sciences and a nonexclusive list of topics to be covered includes:
- General Geology: Neotectonics, Paleontology, Marine geology, Oceanography
- Tectonic Development of Eastern Mediterranean
- Tectonic Development of Anatolia
- Physical geography, Quaternary geology, Sedimentology, Remote sensing
- Geophysics: General geophysics, Marine geophysics
- Seismology, Structural geology, Tectonics, Stratigraphy, Speleology
- Engineering and Environmental Geology: Engineering geology, Geological risks
- Hydrogeology, Natural hazards, Rock mechanics, Soil mechanics, Urban geology
- Mineralogy and Petrography: Geochemistry, Geochronology, Geo-archaeology
- Industrial rocks and minerals, Mineralogy, Mineral exploration, Ore deposits
- Energy Resources: Geothermal energy, Renewable energy
- Other topics: Geology in engineering applications, Mathematical modelling of geological applications, Computer-based modelling, Medical geology, Occupational health and safety… etc